|Project BitBanner (LED-banner)|
|Contact||Bobo1on1, Mro, Rogue, X6m, Polyfloyd, Juerd, Stijn|
|Information||A LED-banner consisting of 16 5 meter long 30 LEDs/meter strips.|
Bitlair's new incarnation of blinkenlights: the BitBanner. The BitBanner will consist of 16 5 meter long RGB LED-strips, with 30 pixels per meter. They'll need 5V about 120 Amps. To provide power 24 V power supplies will be used along with 32 step down converters (4 per PCB, designed and created by Bobo1on1).
- Create stepdown power converters done
- Cut holes in aluminium profile done
- Align and tiewrap LED-strips to cloth done!
- Polyfloyd designed and lasercut a custom 'straightener' to align.
- Connect power supplies to led-strips wip
- Create a controller wip
- Drill holes in aluminium profile done
- Buy banner fabric done
- Buy 2000 cable ties done
- Buy bold / nut 100 * 3mm 15mm + rings 200 done
- Buy wire for connecting led strips (1 mm2 red/black 32*1m?)
- Buy wire for supplying power to pcb's () (2.5 mm2 red/black 12m)
Sorting the LED-strips.
The BitBanner cloth.
Polyfloyd and his DIY LED-strip straightener.
Aligning the LED-strips.